Rockbank (Aust) Pty Ltd trading as Bar Crusher Boats (the Group) is firmly committed to protecting your privacy while interacting with our content, products and services. We aim to provide you with a secure and convenient service while at the same time allowing you to control your privacy and to give you a means to voice any questions or concerns you may have.
For this reason, we ensure that your information is handled in strict compliance with the Commonwealth Government’s Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Act). Further information on Australian Privacy law is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
- Members of the Group
- Collection of Personal Information
- Use of Personal Information
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- Data Quality
- Storage and data security
- Access and correction
- Complaint resolution mechanisms
- Contact us
Members of the Group
Collection of Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information or an opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained. Personal Information that we may collect and hold include (but is not limited to) the following:
- postal, residential address and/or service address;
- email address;
- date of birth;
- contact details including telephone numbers (landline and mobile);
- occupation and employment details;
- driver licence number;
- payment details;
- ASIC corporate searches;
- any feedback that you give us; and
- information that we collect for marketing purposes, such as your areas of interest and other information you provide to us.
We may also collect Personal Information from third parties including our related entities and general service providers in the course of providing products and services to you.
The Group may collect Personal Information directly from you when you:
- provide the information to us by completing a form or over the phone;
- visit our website;
- use our services;
- request information about us, our products or our services;
- provide feedback;
- fill in a form on our website; or
- where we are required or authorised by law to do so.
The Group will retain identification information about all individuals with whom it deals.
We may also log IP addresses (i.e. the electronic addresses of computers connected to the Internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track users’ movements on the website, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use and for advertisers and business partners.
Use of Personal Information
We use and hold the Personal Information we collect about you for our business functions and activities, which may include the following:
- to communicate with you and provide you with information, products or services you have requested;
- prepare reports, calculate levies, process and reconcile payments;
- deliver information to you the customer;
- to establish and manage merchant facilities;
- to process direct debit payments or any reversals;
- assist customers by providing them with information and support;
- personalise and customise your experiences with our website;
- to manage and administer any account you may hold with us;
- to promote and market our products and services to you or provide you with information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to personalise and customise your experiences on our website;
- to help us research the needs of our customers and to market our products and services with a better understanding of your needs and the needs of customers generally;
- to conduct research for the purposes of improving existing products or services or creating new products or services;
- to process any job application submitted by you;
- to collect payments;
- for business support purposes including maintenance, backup and audit;
- to allow us to provide advertising material to you regarding us, our clients, and other business partners;
- share the Personal Information with our related entities, business partners and selected third parties; and
- to respond to any queries or complaints you may have.
We may also use your Personal Information for other directly related purposes.
You consent to us using your Personal Information in the above ways. We may also collect and use your Personal Information for other purposes not listed above. If we do so, we will make it known to you at the time we collect or use your Personal Information.
We will not use Personal Information provided by you in a manner inconsistent with the Act, the Australian Privacy Principles or any other relevant laws or guidelines.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Depending on the nature of your engagement with us, we may disclose your Personal Information to the members of the Group, our other related entities and to third parties that provide products and services to us.
We may disclose your Personal Information to our external service providers such as mailing houses who distribute information to you on our behalf or market researchers who have been commissioned by the Group to carry out surveys and research. From time to time, we work may with corporate partners and other third party providers to promote and/or market services that we consider will be of benefit to you.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to our website host or software application providers in certain limited circumstances, for example when our website experiences a technical problem or to ensure that it operates in an effective and secure manner.
We do not otherwise disclose your Personal Information without your permission, unless the disclosure is:
(b) required or authorised by law, including without limitation the Australian Privacy Principles; or
(c) made with your consent.
You consent to us using your Personal Information for sending you information, including promotional material, about us or our products and services, as well as the products and services of our related entities and third parties, now and in the future. You also consent to us sending you such information by means of direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages. You can contact us if you do not want to receive marketing information from us, or by using the unsubscribe options provided in any Marketing Information email, if you want to stop receiving information.
We use remarketing tools and third-party technologies such as Google Analytics and other software as part of our digital marketing strategy/activities. These tools and technologies collect and analyse certain types of information, including cookies, IP addresses, onsite behaviour, purchase history and other similar information.
If you would like to know more about these remarketing tools and third party technologies, you can view Google’s Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, Policies and Restrictions pages.
The Group will take reasonable steps to make sure that the Personal Information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up to date. To assist us in this, you need to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested, and properly update the information provided to us to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. Please contact us if you believe your Personal Information is inaccurate or incomplete, and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
Storage and data security
The Group will take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information it holds about you from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The Group maintains strict standards and security procedures to prevent unauthorised access to the Personal Information whether it is in an electronic or paper format, and to ensure the correct use of this information. Personal Information is stored in a central database that is password protected with access available only to authorised persons (such as employees of the Group or our external database administrator) or otherwise your Personal Information is securely held within the Group’s offices and available only to authorised persons.
If you have been provided with a secure logon identity and password to access the Group’s website, it is very important that you keep the logon identity and password secure and make every effort to ensure that they are not misused, lost or stolen. You must tell us immediately if you become aware of or suspect that your logon identity or password has been compromised in any way that impacts or may impact access to the Group’s website. The Group cannot be held responsible if you disclose the logon identity or password to anyone else.
The Group will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the Personal Information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
Access and correction
You are entitled to access the Personal Information that we hold about you. If you request access to your Personal Information, in ordinary circumstances we will give you full access to your Personal Information. However, there may be some legal or administrative reasons to deny access. If we refuse your request to access your Personal Information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal. We may charge a reasonable fee for providing you with access to that Personal Information.
A request for access can be made by contacting our Privacy Officer using the “Contact” details provided below.
If you establish that the Personal Information we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, the Group will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date. If reasonable steps to correct the information cannot be taken by the Group where such correction of the Personal Information is not technically possible or would be impracticable for the Group to perform, the Group may be unable to continue to provide services to you. The Group will provide reasons for denial correction.
The Group may also update the Personal Information it holds about you if instructed to do so by certain third parties that originally provided us that information. The Group may also provide access to the Personal Information to such third parties.
The Group will not adopt as its own identifier an identifier that has been assigned by a government agency (or by an agent of, or contractor to, a government agency acting in its capacity as agent or contractor).
The Group will not use or disclose an identifier assigned to you by a government agency (or by an agent of, or contractor to, a government agency acting in its capacity as agent or contractor) except where such use or disclosure is expressly provided for in this policy.
Complaint resolution mechanism
If you have a question, concern or complaint regarding the way in which we handle your Personal Information, you should contact our Privacy Officer using the “Contact” details provided below.
The Group takes a best practice approach to addressing privacy complaints. We will issue you with a timely response to any complaint that, if appropriate, will outline the measures that the Group will take to resolve the complaint.
The Group will take reasonable steps to let you know, generally, what sort of Personal Information it holds, for what purposes, and how it collects, uses, and discloses that information.
If you have any queries about this policy, or the manner in which the Group applies this Privacy Protection Policy to your Personal Information please contact our Privacy Officer in any of the following ways:
Rockbank (Aust) Pty Ltd / Bar Crusher Boats
5 Quality Drive
Dandenong South VIC 3175
Community Guidelines (social media)
We encourage your interaction and input across our various online channels, but (like most things in life) there are boundaries to stay within and rules to follow.
We want our social media channels to be a friendly and safe place for existing Bar Crusher owners to communicate and for prospective customers to research their next boat. Get involved, ask questions, share experiences, and receive support through our factory-backed channels.
Got something to add to help other owners or prospective owners? Do you feel strongly about a subject? You’re encouraged to express your opinion once in a while. As long as it’s constructive – and doesn’t breach current and emerging laws – we’re fine with it.
We do draw the line, however, at personal remarks that offend other community members and/or may implicate our business in legal proceedings. (Keep in mind too, some community members are likely to be young and not prepared for your R-rated language!)
We won’t be publishing remarks that appear calculated to inflame a war of words between supporters of different brands or models, nor those of a defamatory nature towards other brands, businesses, groups or individuals. Don’t complain you’re being “censored” if your comments are removed from any of our channels. It’s our call – and there’s always a reason.
To ensure our social media channels stay a friendly and positive place, we ask you to simply follow our community standards policy.
- We ask all participants maintain a respectful and considered attitude in discussion with each other.
- Respect other community members – trolling or deliberate disruption of discussion or personal attacks towards anyone is not welcome.
- Keep the discussion on topic!
- Do not post comments containing language which is offensive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, violent, threatening or hateful towards anyone about anything, particularly race/ethnicity, religion, gender, nationality or political beliefs.
- Adult content – do not post comments with expletives, or images or videos containing nudity, sexual acts, excessive violence or pornographic material.
- No defamation – do not post any messages which slander, insult or defame Bar Crusher management, staff, dealers, or any other person, including other industry players and other community members.
- Privacy – do not post contact details of others. Do not post private email or message content. Your correspondence with another individual or business is between you and the other party.
We reserve the right to moderate comments and remove any considered to be in violation of our community standards, or otherwise deemed inappropriate by moderators. Community members who repeatedly breach this policy will be blocked. A portion of the moderation occurs through automated filtering.
These guidelines are in place as of 01/07/2014 and may be revised or updated at any time, without notice.